Ectoin® Mouth Wash
Concomitant therapy for cancer patients undergoing chemo- or radiotherapy
Concomitant therapy for cancer patients undergoing chemo- or radiotherapy.
- Supports reduction of inflammation of oral mucous membranes (oral mucositis or stomatitis).
- Helps to reduce the incidence of inflamed oral mucosa.
- Alleviates and prevents symptoms such as sore mouth, redness and burning of the oral mucosa.
- Helps to relieve pain in the mouth and therefore eases eating, drinking, and talking.
- Moistens dry mouth and prevents from further dehydration.
Single-Doses: Ectoin®, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Phosphate Buffer, Xylitol, Water.
Infants, children, adolescents and adults.
Single-Doses: 10, 20 or 30 single-dose ampoules with 5 ml solution (preservative-free)
Dao et al., 2018
- 80 % of chemotherapy-patients with mucositis using Ectoin® Mouth Wash were entirely symptom-free after 3 weeks of treatment.
- Efficacy and tolerability of Ectoin® Mouth Wash is significantly superior compared to standard treatment Caphosol®.
- 100 % of chemotherapy-patients using the product preventively would recommend it to other patients.
Status (EU): Medical Device Class IIa (under approval)