Ectoin® Isotonic Inhalation Solution
Isotonic Solution for effective protection and moisturization of the lungs
Inhalation solution for supportive treatment to reduce inflammation of the airways in case of bronchitis, asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- For supportive treatment and symptom alleviation of diseases of the airways, such as allergic or non-allergic asthma, or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- For supportive treatment and prevention of bronchitis symptoms.
- Protects and moisturizes the mucosa of the airways (e. g. when exposed to particulate matter, pollen, dust or to dry air in heated or air conditioned rooms).
- Prevents symptoms of allergic reactions of the respiratory system while suffering from e. g. allergic asthma, house-dust allergy, etc.
Ectoin®, Sea Salt, Water.
Newborn, infants, children, adolescents and adults.
Single-dose units with 2.5 ml solution for jet, mesh, or ultrasound nebulizers
Unfried et. al., 2010; Sydlik et. al., 2013; Unfried et. al., 2014; Unfried et. al., 2016
- Tested in patients with acute infection of the respiratory system, asthma and bronchitis.
- Proven reduction of lung inflammation due to lifelong exposure to environmental air pollution.
- Several preclinical and clinical studies prove significant reduction of inflammation markers after treatment with Ectoin®.
Status (EU): Medical Device Class IIa