Ectoin® Allergy Nasal Spray 2%
The innovation for treatment and prevention of allergic rhinitis symptoms
Nasal Spray for treatment and prevention of allergic rhinitis symptoms.
- Reduces allergen induced inflammation of the nasal mucosa.
- Alleviates allergic symptoms (itchy and runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion).
- Supports the regeneration process of irritated nasal mucosa caused by allergens.
- Reduces harmful influences of allergens and airborne particles.
Ectoin®, Sea Salt, Water.
Infants, children, adolescents and adults.
20 ml solution in bottle with dosage pump
Werkhäuser et al., 2014; Sonnemann et al., 2014; Eichel et al., 2014; Abdulkerimov et al., 2016; Minaeva et al., 2015
- Tested against standard OTC drugs and placebo: As effective as cromoglicic acid, beclomethasone or azelastine-containing nasal sprays.
- Seven studies including nearly 400 patients prove: significant improvement of local symptoms and excellent safety profile.
Status (EU): Medical Device Class Is (under approval)
Ectoin® Allergy Eye Drops 2%
The innovation for treatment and prevention of allergic conjunctivitis symptoms
Eye drops for treatment and prevention of allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.
- Reduces allergen induced inflammation of the conjunctiva.
- Alleviates allergic symptoms (red, itchy and watery eyes).
- Protects against the harmful influences of allergens.
- Supports the regeneration process of irritated and sensitive conjunctiva.
Ectoin®, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Citrate Buffer, Water.
Children, adolescents and adults.
0.5 ml solution in single-dose ampoules or 10 ml in a multidose dropper (OSD or 3K)
Salapatek et al., 2011; Werkhäuser et al., 2014; Skrypnyk 2015; Allegri et al., 2014; Drozhzhina and Troichenko, 2015
- Tested against standard OTC drugs and placebo: as effective as azelastine and ketotifen-containing eye drops.
- Excellent tolerability and safety proven in children and adults.
Status (EU): Medical Device Class IIa
Ectoin® Allergy Lozenges
Effective protection against allergic symptoms in mouth and throat
Lozenges for treatment and prevention of allergic symptoms in mouth and throat, caused by airborne allergens like pollen, house dust or animal hair.
- Reduces typical allergic symptoms in mouth and throat like sore throat or itchy palate.
- Forms a natural and moisturizing protective shield on irritated mucous membranes in mouth and throat.
- Stabilizes the cell membranes of the mucosa in mouth and throat and prevents irritations.
- Hydrates dry epithelia and supports their regeneration.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Ectoin®, Isomalt, Sucralose, [Menthol, Citric Acid, Lemon Mint Flavour (containing tocopherol), Honey Flavour (containing polyethylene glycol)], Safflor Concentrate, Glucose Syrup, Water.
Children older than 6 years, adolescents and adults.
Blister strips containing 8 lozenges à 2.3 g
Coming soon: Multicentre, prospective, randomized clinical trial: Use of Ectoin® Lozenges for the treatment of oropharyngeal allergic symptoms.
Status (EU): Medical Device Class IIa (under approval)