Ectoin® already proved its efficacy successfully in various medical devices for human use. The cell-protective and inflammation-reducing characteristics of Ectoin® can also be used to treat epithelial dysfunctions in man’s best friends: horses, dogs, cats and guinea pigs.
These animals often have problems with their skin, eyes and ears. Skin irritations and eczema appear after intensive licking of the paws or in case of allergic reactions after insect bites or towards feed. Eye irritations such as burning, redness and itching are very common discomforts for animals and need to be treated directly, to avoid further damage and infection of the eyes. The ears of dogs and cats need to be kept clean, because – in contrast to humans - they do not have a self-cleaning function.
Irritations and itching occur when dirt and cerumen stick in the ears and the animals start scratching. bitop's products “Ectoin® Vet Cream”, “Ectoin® Vet Eye Drops” and “Ectoin® Vet Ear Spray” offer effective and gentle relieve from these discomforts. Within the animal health sector, bitop remains with its principles to offer products free from potentially irritating substances, such as cortisones, emulsifiers, preservatives, perfumes and dyes.
Ectoin® Vet Cream
Cream for treatment and prevention of skin itching and redness experienced with various types of inflammatory skin diseases in horses, cats and dogs.
The cream contains Ectoin®, a natural cell-protective molecule with membrane-stabilizing and inflammation-reducing properties. The structure of the cream base of Ectoin® Vet Cream is similar to the skin and does not contain skin barrier destroying emulsifiers (no washing-out effect).
- Reduces inflammations and thereby soothes skin itching and redness
- Supports the regeneration process of irritated and damaged skin
- Reduces skin dryness and increases the moisture content of the skin
- Suitable for the supportive treatment of summer eczema and scurf in horses
- Suitable for long-term treatment
- Without cortisone, preservatives, perfume, emulsifiers and other potential irritating substances
Ectoin®, Aqua, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide-3, Squalane, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Cera, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carbomer, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Glycine, Alanine, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerine, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid.
Ectoin® Vet Eye drops
Eye drops for treatment and prevention of eye irritations in horses, dogs, cats and guinea pigs.
Ectoin® Vet Eye drops combine hyaluronic acid, the gold standard ingredient of artificial tears, with the natural lipid layer stabilizing, cell-protective and inflammation-reducing molecule Ectoin®.
- Reduce inflammations of the eyes and soothe symptoms like burning, itching and redness
- Support cell regeneration and protect the eyes from further irritations
- Stabilize the lipid layer of the tear film and therefore reduce dehydration of the eyes
- Moisten dry and irritated eyes
- Without preservatives
Ectoin®, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Water and Citrate Buffer.
Ectoin® Vet Ear spray
Ear spray for cleaning and treatment of itch in ears of dogs and cats.
The ear spray contains Ectoin®, a natural cell-protective molecule with membrane-stabilizing and inflammation-reducing properties.
- Soothes itching in the ears and therefore reduces scratching
- Moistens dry skin inside the ear canal
- Cleans the ears
- Softens cerumen on a natural way and thereby supports its draining
- Reduces inflammations and supports the regeneration process of irritated and damaged skin inside the ear canal
- Without preservatives
Ectoin®, Sea Salt, Citrate Buffer and Water.