Ectoin® has successfully proven its efficacy in various medical applications for human use. The cellular protection and inflammation reduction characteristics of Ectoin® can also be used to treat epithelial dysfunctions in man’s best friends: horses, dogs, cats and small animals.
These animals often have problems with their skin, eyes and ears. Skin irritations and eczema can appear after intensive licking of the paws or due to allergic reactions from insect bites or feed. Eye irritations such as burning, redness and itching are common discomforts for animals and need to be treated directly to avoid further damage and infection of the eyes. The ears of dogs and cats need to be kept clean, because - in contrast to humans - they do not have a self-cleansing function.
Irritations and itching occur when dirt and cerumen stick in the ears and the animals start scratching. Bitop's products “Ectoin® Vet Cream”, “Ectoin® Vet Eye drops” and “Ectoin® Vet Ear spray” offer effective and gentle relief from these discomforts. Within the animal health sector, bitop adheres to its principles to offer natural products free from potentially irritating substances, such as cortisones, emulsifiers, preservatives, perfumes and dyes.
Ectoin® Vet Cream
Cream for the treatment and prevention of skin itching and redness experienced with various types of inflammatory skin diseases in horses, cats and dogs.
The cream contains Ectoin®, a natural cell protection molecule with membrane-stabilizing and inflammation-reducing properties. The structure of the cream base of Ectoin® Vet Cream is similar to the skin and does not contain skin barrier destroying emulsifiers (no washing-out effect).
- Reduces inflammations and thereby soothes skin itching and redness
- Supports the regeneration process of irritated and damaged skin
- Reduces skin dryness and increases the moisture content of the skin
- Suitable for the treatment of summer eczema and scurf in horses
- Suitable for long-term treatment
- Free of cortisone, preservatives, perfume, emulsifiers and other potential irritating substances
Ectoin®, Aqua, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide-3, Squalane, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Cera, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carbomer, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Glycine, Alanine, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerine, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid.
Ectoin® Vet Eye drops
Eye drops for the treatment and prevention of eye irritations in horses, dogs, cats and small animals.
Ectoin® Vet Eye drops combine hyaluronic acid, the gold standard ingredient of artificial tears, with the natural lipid layer stabilizing, cell-protective and inflammation-reducing molecule Ectoin®.
- Reduce inflammations of the eyes and soothe symptoms like burning, itching and redness
- Support cell regeneration and protect the eyes from further irritations
- Stabilize the lipid layer of the tear film and therefore reduce dehydration of the eyes
- Moisten dry and irritated eyes
- Free of preservatives
Ectoin®, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Water and Citrate Buffer.
Ectoin® Vet Ear spray
Ear spray for the cleaning and treatment of itching in the ears of dogs and cats.
The ear spray contains Ectoin®, a natural cell-protective molecule with membrane-stabilizing and inflammation-reducing properties.
- Soothes itching in the ears and therefore reduces scratching
- Moistens dry skin inside the ear canal
- Cleans the ears
- Softens cerumen naturally and thereby supports its draining
- Reduces inflammation and supports the regeneration of irritated and damaged skin inside the ear canal
- Free of preservatives
Ectoin®, Sea Salt, Citrate Buffer and Water.